Welcome to Cortez Fishing...

I would like to thank you for looking at this blog and want you to know that I will be adding content daily soon. My plans are for local fishing reports, guide information, pictures, classifieds, weather reports, and links.


For additional content check out: http://www.cortezfishing.com

Remember "Catch Fish - Have Fun"

Friday, December 7, 2007

Bluefish in the Pass

Last Saturday (12-1) my older brother and I went out in the afternoon for a little fishing and beer. After spending 45 minutes looking for bait and I wasn't in the mood to chum we decided to troll out through Longboat Pass. I dropped a 4" blue/silver Yozuri overboard and headed West. It wasn't 2 minutes when the rod bent down with a "Fish on". I quickly grabbed the rod and landed roughly a 20" Mackarel. "Wow was that easy", I thought. We continued West and caught about 12 bluefish one after another.

Conditions:
It was a nice sunny afternoon around 3 PM The water temp was 65 degrees and the tide was moving in about 2 knots.

No comments: