Welcome to Cortez Fishing...

I would like to thank you for looking at this blog and want you to know that I will be adding content daily soon. My plans are for local fishing reports, guide information, pictures, classifieds, weather reports, and links.


For additional content check out: http://www.cortezfishing.com

Remember "Catch Fish - Have Fun"

Monday, December 10, 2007

Live Baiting Around Docks

Saturday was another fun one in the Cortez area. My buddy and I loaded up the livewells with white bait and fished around the docks on the northwest end of Longboat Key in the afternoon.

Using light spinning tackle and freelining white bait we tossed lines around the docks and had good success. We caught grouper, trout, and a small snook. We also pulled out a 18" mackerel, imagine that.

Conditions:
Water temp 66 degrees, tide was about mid and not moving up or down but there was a slight current still moving in. Sun was out bright and wind was blowing around 5-7 knots.

No comments: